Campus Club Events

Campus Club Events

Josiah Thomas, Campus Life Editor

Financial Management
Jan. 31
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Jeffress Center, Rm JC122
Fee: $45
Become familiar with the basics of financial management. Topics covered include: how to apply information from key financial statements to help you manage your business; accounting language, including debits and credits; preparation of the balance sheet and profit and loss statement; cash flow analysis; and break even with specific small business examples. Registration now open. Registration is a two-step process. Contact the Business Development Center at 734-462-4438 or visit their website at schoolcraft.edu/bdc for more info.
Cooking Up a Successful Food Related Business
Feb. 5
6 to 9 p.m.
Applied Sciences Building, Rm. AS374
Fee: $249.00
Learn about creating business in the food industry from costing and sourcing, to cutting through the seemingly endless red-tape, this course is a must for anyone who is serious about taking steps to become a successful food-business entrepreneur. The course runs for 5 weeks, between Feb. 5 through March 5. Registration now open. Registration is a two-step process. Contact the Business Development Center at 734-462-4438 or visit their website at schoolcraft.edu/bdc for more info.
Get Your Business Found on Google
Feb. 5
1 to 2:30 p.m.
Jeffress Center, Room 123
Learn how to use Google My Business, a free tool that will help manage business information across Google. Google My Business also helps potential buyers find and connect through Google Search and Maps. To qualify for a Google business listing, businesses must meet with customers face-to-face, at a store or within a specified local service area. Certain types of businesses are not eligible for a Google business listing. Seating is limited. Pre-registration is required. A personal laptop or tablet is required. Contact the Business Development Center at 734-462-4438 or visit their website at schoolcraft.edu/bdc for more info.
International and Export Regulations and How They Impact Your Business
Feb. 6
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Jeffress Center, Rm. 123
Save time, money, and energy with a thorough understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), export control laws executed by the US Government. These regulations are designed to ensure defense-related technology does not get into the wrong hands. If your company is active in the defense, aerospace, automotive, software, IT or telecommunications industries, it is critical to understand how your products and services are regulated under these laws. Register at ptacofsc.ecenterdirect.com/events/5477
Wednesday Noon Jazz Concert
Ellen Rowe, ‘Speaking of Music’
Feb. 6
12 to 1:15 p.m.
VisTaTech Center, Kehrl Auditorium
Jazz pianist and composer Ellen Rowe will be joined by Sean Dobbins on drums, Paul Keller on bass and vocalist Sunny Wilkinson in a celebration of Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan. The quartet will demonstrate some of the singer’s most beloved pieces and talk about the differences in styles and the art of vocal accompaniment. The ‘Speaking of Music’ Noon Concert is free, open to the public and last approximately one hour 15 minutes. Donations at the door will help fund student scholarships. For more information contact Patricia Minnick by email at [email protected], by phone at 734-462-4403, or visit schoolcraft.edu/music.
Dual Enrollment Information Night
Feb. 6
6 to 7:15 p.m.
VisTaTech Center
Hosted by Schoolcraft Admissions. Learn how high school students can benefit by taking college classes at Schoolcraft College while still in high school. For more information, please contact the Admissions & Welcome Center by email at [email protected], by phone at 734-462-4683, or visit schoolcraft.edu/admissions/high-school-dual-enrollment

Image from cdvaluenet.com