On the Prowl

Vae O’Neil, A&E Editor

Hallowe’en in Greenfield Village
Greenfield Village
20900 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, Michigan 48124
Now to Oct. 27
6:30 to 10 p.m.
Discovery reveals itself in Greenfield Village with mystical encounters along a path lit by scores of jack-o’-lanterns, leading up to a narrow escape from the icy grip of Death himself. Revel in the light of fire-breathers, and calm yourself with warm cider and fresh doughnuts. Torches are burning, bells are ringing and skeletons are dancing; this will surely be the spookiest night of the year.
Heathers the Musical
Hilberry Theater
4743 Cass Ave.
Detroit, Michigan
Now to Oct. 27
Showtimes vary
Adults $29; Seniors, Staff, Alumni $24; Students, Children $17
“Heathers the Musical” tells the dark and delectable story of Veronica Sawyer, a misfit who manages to hustle into the most powerful clique at Westerberg High. Shortly after climbing to the top she gets kicked right off and just as she falls in love with a dangerously attractive new kid. A relatable and entertaining story sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Murder on the Orient Express
Meadow Brook Theatre
378 Meadow Brook Rd.
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309
Now to Oct. 27
Showtimes vary
$36-$46
As midnight passes by, a snowdrift stops the regal Orient Express in its tracks; there has been a murder! Who, pray tell, might solve the mystery of the American tycoon found dead in his compartment? Come to the Meadowbrook Theatre to find out.
Dominique Morisseau’s Paradise Blue
Detroit Public Theatre
3711 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Michigan
Now to Nov. 3
Showtimes vary
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sun General Admission $40; Juniors (under 30) $25; Seniors (65+) $30; Saturday GA $47.50; Juniors (under 30) $32.50; Seniors (65+) $37.50
Kicking off Detroit Public Theatre’s 2019-2020 season is Paradise Blue, follows a brilliant jazz musician named Blue, who’s torn between staying in Detroit’s Black Bottom neighborhood or leaving his traumatic past behind.
Mutiny
Norwest Gallery of Art
19556 Grand River Ave.
Detroit, MI, USA
Oct. 11 to Nov. 1
FREE ADMISSION
As the slow-moving coup that it is, Alzheimer’s disease dissolves the most fundamental attributes of the self, unraveling the mind from the inside; the exhibition ‘Mutiny’ features work by artist Jessica DeMuro, focusing on these realities through the lens of observing her father’s perpetual conflict with the disease.
Rupaul’s Drag Race World Tour
Sound Board Theater
2901 Grand River Ave.
Detroit, Michigan
Oct. 22
8 p.m.
Tickets start at $55 Be sure not to miss RuPaul’s Drag Race World Tour, featuring Naomi Smalls, Violet Chachki, Aquaria, Kameron Michaels, Asia O’Hara, Kim Chi and The Queens of Season 11 in Detroit.
Melanie Martinez- The K-12 Tour
The Fillmore Detroit
2115 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Michigan
Oct. 23
7 p.m.
Tickets starts at $72
Melanie Martinez is a 24-yearold multitalented singer, songwriter, director and more. She is on her way to Detroit for her K-12 Tour! Don’t miss out, come enjoy the show.
Sustainable Detroit Forum
TCF Center
1 Washington Blvd.
Detroit, Michigan
Oct. 23
9 a.m.to 5 p.m.
$25 to $165
Be one of the hundreds of people coming to attend the Detroit Sustainable Forum tolearn about Detroit-based projects aimed at sustainability; where the USGBC Detroit with a wide variety of unique and inspiring speakers, engaging events and networking meetups. Come see what’s in store!
Nosferatu + Live Music
The Cube
3711 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Michigan
Oct. 31
7 to 11 p.m.
GA Advance $12, GA Door $20
The Andrew Alden Ensemble reanimates silent film classics with live music; particularly F.W. Murnau’s iconic expressionist horror film Nosferatu. The new score blends music styles both classical and modern, giving audiences a fresh experience of a timeless classic.
Youmacon
TCF Center
1 Washington Blvd.
Detroit, Michigan
Oct. 31 to Nov. 3
Three-day $65, Platinum package $155
Youmacon, one of Michigan’s most notorious anime conventions, is back once again, celebrating Japanese popular culture and its influence on our own. Youmacon has many things up its sleeve, such as celebrity guest panels, live music, video games and cosplays galore. Come along and have some fun.
Day of the Dead Celebration
Lorenzo Cultural Center
44575 Garfield Rd.
Charter Township of Clinton, Michigan 48038
Nov. 1 to 3
Free to attend
The Lorenzo Cultural Center holds an annual celebration of the vibrant Mexican holiday, Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead, all events are free, so come visit and celebrate.

Graphic by Matthew Armstrong | Production Assistant