Employees, job seekers look to connect at annual job fair

Over 70 employers set to participate Oct. 22

Chantele Fox, Editor-in-Chief

On Oct. 22, more than 70 employers from various industries will return to Schoolcraft to participate in the annual Fall Job Fair which takes place from 1-3 p.m. in the VisTaTech Center. This free event is open to the community as well as students and alumni.
“It’s a great event for both job seekers and students, even if they aren’t looking for a job,” explains JoAnne Stadnicar, Career Services Coordinator. “Job seekers are offered the opportunity to get actual face time with recruiters in a wide variety of industries with jobs at almost every professional level. Students or those who aren’t ready to start their job search just yet, are offered the chance to talk with recruiters about what they are looking for in an applicant (education, skill sets, experience, etc.) and to learn more about the companies they represent.”
Students and other attendees should be prepared with plenty of copies of a well-written resume, targeted on jobs that highlight their specific skill set. Resources are available for those who need assistance in creating a resume such as attending a Job Search Solutions Resume Essentials workshop. For a complete list of dates please visit. Copies of the Resume Essentials workbook is available in the Career Services Office.
In preparation for the Job Fair, students and job seekers are encouraged to attend the Job Fair Etiquette presentation being held Oct. 9 at 1 p.m. in McDowell, room 100.
Being that many people are not familiar about what happens at a job fair or how to prepare, this presentation is designed to help them become more comfortable approaching potential employers about available positions. Attendees will become informed about what to expect when attending, making this process slightly less intimidating.
For questions or more information pertaining to either event, contact Career Services at 734-462-4421 or email [email protected].

Photo courtesy of cssh.northeastern.edu