That time of the year again

Brace yourselves for the season to come

Josiah Thomas, News Editor

The next step toward the future is right on our doorstep: Winter 2020 registration begins Oct. 26 at 9 a.m. for online registration. Students can also visit the Registration Center starting at 8 a.m. Oct. 28 if more help is needed in registering for classes.
Getting the required classes for one’s degree, certification or transfer credits all depends on how soon they are chosen. Make sure to have a user ID and password set up with WebAdvisor so that this opportunity won’t be missed.
If a student doesn’t attend a class they registered for, responsibility for dropping it falls on them. To drop a class, visit WebAdvisor and follow the “Students” link on the homepage, click “Register for Classes” on the right-hand side, then select “Drop Sections.” Scroll all the way to the bottom, hit the check mark box on the class that needs to be dropped, then hit “SUBMIT” to process it.
Students must follow this process in order to receive either a full refund before the “Last Day for Schedule Adjustment/ Refund” date or before the “Last Day for ‘W’” date for a withdrawal credit so that their GPA isn’t negatively affected. These dates all depend on whether a student is enrolled in traditional credit or culinary courses, how long the course goes for, and when the course begins during the winter term.
Schoolcraft lends a helping hand with registration for all students, including financial aid students. They do, however, have to pay their tuition and fees in full within 3 weekdays, including holidays, from the day they register for classes. If a student is unable to pay in full within three days, they can opt for a payment plan through the popular NelNet service or receive financial aid from Schoolcraft to cover tuition and avoid interruptions in scheduling.
For more information on payment plans, visit schoolcraft.edu/student-accounts/tuitionpayment-plan.
For additional questions, students may contact the Answer Center which is available every week Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. To contact the Answer Center, please call 734-462-4426 or email [email protected].
Finally, further details regarding registration and important dates can be found in winter 2020 Registration Guide which can be found either online at schoolcraft.edu/registration/ or in print.

Photo courtesy of Schoolcraft College