Point Blank

Point+Blank

Jihad Muhammad, Photo Editor

My name is Jihad Muhammad and I am currently the Photo Editor for the Schoolcraft Connection. I am studying Computer Science and would like to eventually transfer to the University of Michigan.
Describing myself posed to be a rather difficult challenge for me considering every time I talk about me it’s either negative or has to do with someone else. Sure, I could’ve easily said that I am an 18-year-old man that loves to express himself in many different ways. Basic. Like my outer shell entails, but sadly that is not the case.
Until about the age of nine when I moved to the suburbs, I was born and raised in Detroit. Since then I’ve been moving around a lot, never staying anywhere for more than two years. I have gone to around five elementary schools, two middle schools and three high schools. All with different ethnic backgrounds which exposed me to a lot of different cultures. Most people can’t say that nowadays.
Until I got to high school, school never posed a threat to me. I would’ve never expected an institution of people within the same age group to be so cruel to one another.
I am much more than my past obstacles because although they did make me, me. I am proud of that. I want to tell people that life gives you pressure not to erase you but to transform you into the diamond that shines your light to everyone around