Consistency is key

Learning Center to host remote final exams review

Vae O’Neil, A&E Editor

All across the nation, college students are tasked with completing coursework from home during quarantine and the anxiety is almost tangible as the challenges of distance learning and the distractions of working at home mount up. Though there is no need to fear Schoolcraft students, as the Schoolcraft Learning Center is here to help ease those anxieties.
The LC will be hosting their semiannual Final Exams Review (formerly known as Exam-a-Rama) sessions starting today through April 25 online. This two-week event is meant to offer an extra academic edge to students while also conforming to the current distance learning format.exam_prep_schedule
The sessions are organized course-by-course, and held via live webinar on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra with Learning Center staff and Schoolcraft faculty guiding students through study packets for each of their respective courses.
Courses offered review-support include: Chem 111, Math 45, Math 47, Math 53 A & B, Math 111 and Math 113 A & B. These A and B designations are related to the provided reviews and correspond to both the calculator and non-calculator portion of the exam.
Remote “Drop-in” support is also available for use with accounting, biology, chemistry, math and physics classes during these same two weeks during classes’ regularly scheduled hours. Unlike the aforementioned final exam review sessions, the schedule for the remote drop-in are regularly updated, so it’s best to check  schoolcraft.edu/lc for recent changes.
Any assistance needed during finals week, April 27 to May 1 will be met by appointment only and must be scheduled by at least 24 to 48 hours in advance.
Questions and concerns can be directed to the Learning Center by telephone at 734-462-4436 or by email at [email protected].