Managing conflict in the workplace

Reality Ready speaker series to feature workshop on conflict management

Ben Bolstrum, Staff Writer

Everybody goes through conflict, especially in the workplace. How that conflict is solved is an entirely different story. Join English and Humanities professor, Helen Ditouras as she presents a workshop on “Managing Conflict in the Workplace this Thursday, Nov. 21 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 530 of the Forum building.
This presentation aims to tackle critical thinking and how to react under pressure. Attendees will learn how to identify problems and eliminate them. A quiz can be taken at the event to chart out individual students’ methods of preventing conflict and will identify what they do well versus where they can improve.
“The goal of the presentation is to provide students with some skills regarding their ability to manage conflict in the workplace,” explained Ditouras, who was educated at Cornell University’s Industrial Labor Relations School. “It is open to all students and regardless of whether or not students are currently working, the skills that will be shared in this presentation are useful for all students because they are interpersonal in nature. I would encourage students to attend because managing conflict is useful beyond the classroom or workplace environment.”
This presentation will be a great way to learn how to circumvent problems in a productive way using methods that can be used every day. This is the perfect opportunity to learn techniques on how to solve difficult conflict.
For more information regarding this presentation, contact the Student Activities Office at 734-462-4422.

Image courtesy of startrainingnetwork.com