Welcome back to reality

Connection Editorial Staff

Despite the continuum of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Delta Variant, we find ourselves going back to reality for how the Schoolcraft College experience is meant to be for the upcoming semester. More jobs on campus are opening up again and the opportunity to expand within these roles is ever-growing. Beyond that, most classes have opened up to being in-person classes and more services are being offered for those that need help to succeed in their prospective classes.

As a word of advice, it is highly recommended that you take advantage of these opportunities so that you can make the most of your time at having a successful experience at Schoolcraft. 

The effect of COVID over the past two years cannot be understated. It was and continues to be unexplored territory for us all. That being said, solace can be taken in the fact that we’re all in this together. As we begin to step back out in the real world, we do so knowing that it won’t be easy. The Schoolcraft campus has gone through many changes that will take some time adapting to, but as a community, we can soon enter a post-COVID world by staying smart, safe and diligent. That isn’t to say that you can’t have any fun while staying safe, you’re always welcome to stop by the Student Activities Center to see what sort of events that Schoolcraft has going on. You may see some of our staff hanging out or working hard while you’re down there, don’t be afraid to say hello. Stay with us at the Connection as we continue to pursue our ultimate goal: Making sure we all stay connected.

If we all do our part, nothing can stop our passion. Adhering to guidelines and being mindful of risks, so long as there aren’t any unexpected deltas in our current trajectory as a community college. Though, if the last year has shown us anything, it is that no matter what happens we can and will adapt to the situation accordingly – but hopefully the road ahead won’t be quite as rocky as the one we just rode in on.