STEAMz call for proposals

Student led conference looking for presenters

Alex Hawthorne, Staff Writer

Schoolcraft serves to be the arbiter of scientific study, technological training, engineering, artistic creativity, and mathematical literacy. With all of these roles within the world today it is important to remember that those terms will be redefined constantly as time progresses, as STEAM is what makes the world of today. With Generation Z starting to enter this specific field it is important to have an outlet of which the students of this generation can have a platform to speak on for their interest within the subject. Henceforth, the STEAMz conference was born.

STEAMz is a student-led research conference designed to bridge the gap between the arts, sciences and humanities and was established three years ago. This year’s theme is focused on the transformation of lives through data driven storytelling. The conference is supported by numerous organizations such as the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), the Honors Scholars program, Learning Support Services and other faculty members.

Through the guidance of these resources students involved are expected to be using them in order to complete their project. For those interested in participating, a proposal first needs to be submitted by Feb. 11 at 4 p.m. and needs to be approved by the committee before moving onwards.

A faculty mentor will be assigned in order to guide the presentation if approved. Proposals can be submitted at this link. SteamZ will take place in person on March 25 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

For more questions and more information about the event please contact Sharon Christian [email protected]. For anyone interested in STEAM and part of Generation Z this is a great opportunity that won’t be missed.