Ocelots lose to Bears in three straight sets

Women’s Volleyball sits at 2-3 overall in the conference

Mason Cone, Staff Writer

The Schoolcraft Ocelots Women’s volleyball team fell short 3 sets to 0 (25-14, 25-15, 25-16) at home against the Mott Community College Bears on Sept. 28. While the team played hard, battling back and making each set competitive, ultimately the team could not leave with the win.

Despite the loss, head coach Jaison George felt optimistic.

“I think the biggest takeaway was that we played way better today than we played way better today than we did against St. Clair Community College. Another big takeaway was that we got our middle (blocker) back, she was injured about a couple weeks ago, had a little time off and then getting her on the court was just something that is going to help the offense a little bit better,” said George.

When asked about being able to replicate the success the Ocelots found at the end of the third set George said, “just keeping the kids understand that if you keep your composure, you’ll be fine.”

When asked about some key takeaways from the game, sophomore outside hitter Alexis Richardson commented, “keep our serves more consistent and stay up on defense even when we have hard attackers.”

The Ocelots volleyball team are 5-5 overall and 2-3 in the MCCAA Eastern Conference. The team is 4-2 in their last 6 games. Their next game will be away  October 3 against Oakland.

For full schedule and box scores go to https://www.mccaa.org/sports/wvball/2022-23/schedule?teamId=7decs6qa9jbtdh6c