Ocelots squander halftime lead, fall to Oakland 79-74

The Ocelots hosted Oakland Community College looking for their 8th conference win on the season. However, Schoolcraft was unable to keep a 12-point halftime lead as the Ocelots fell by a score of 79-74.

Throughout the first half, the Ocelots would shoot 50% from the field while holding Oakland to 39% shooting and 11 turnovers on their way to the Ocelots 12-points halftime lead. Unfortunately, for the Ocelots, OCC would heat up from behind the arc in the 2nd half to make their comeback. With 4:13 left in the 3rdquarter, Kyra Lawrence would split a pair of free throws to put Schoolcraft up 53-45. Over the next 3 Oakland possessions, Lizzie Liedel would make 3 consecutive 3-pointers while Schoolcraft failed to get on the scoreboard for OCC to take a 1-point lead.

From that moment on, throughout the rest of the game, it would be back and forth action with OCC getting a lead by as much as 7 before Schoolcraft would comeback to get it within one possession multiple times. Oakland would make just enough free throws down the stretch to close out the Ocelots.

Schoolcraft now has a week off with their Wednesday game against Henry Ford being cancelled. The Ocelots return to the hardwood next Saturday, February 24, playing host to Jackson College. The Ocelots knocked off the Jets the last time these 2 squads squared off by a score of 62-49. Currently, Jackson is ahead of Schoolcraft in the Eastern Division standings by just half a game. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:00PM.