The Student News Site of Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Ocelots lose to 6th ranked Macomb

WARREN, Mi – The Ocelots hit the road looking to avenge an earlier season loss in which they saw a halftime lead slip away. It would be a challenging task for the Ocelots heading into the 6th ranked Monarchs home court.

Shooting just 34.5% from the field in the 1st half, the Ocelots would be outscored by 15 points going into the break. While Schoolcraft was able to force 9 Macomb turnovers, winning the turnover battle for the 1st half, the Monarchs would be able to shoot 65.4% from the field on their way to 44 1st half points.

Things would not get any easier for the Ocelots in the 2nd half. While improving their shooting percentage to 44.1% for the half and winning the turnover battle once again, Macomb just would not cool down from the field. The Monarchs would shoot 53.1% from the field in the 2nd half, 58.6% for the game, on their way to 56 2nd half points. For Schoolcraft, Ashton Hendersonwould register 17 points in the 2nd half, leading the offense to 49 2nd half points.

Ashton Henderson would lead all Ocelots in scoring with 21 points while Mackhi Jackson (13), Daniel Lee (12), Keon Henderson (10), and Makell Johnson-Dobbs (10) would join him in double figures.

Schoolcraft hits the road for game 4 on their 5-game road trip on Saturday. The Ocelots will head north to Flint to take on the Bears of Mott Community College. Schoolcraft looks to avenge an earlier season loss to the Bears, a game in which Schoolcraft lead by 10 points going into the half and lose by 3. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 PM.