The Schoolcraft Greenhouse is located adjacent to the Forum Building.
Greet the greenery
April 29, 2024

Ocelots click on all cylinders en route to run rule victory

DETROIT, MI – It was a big day Saturday as Schoolcraft played host to the Hawks from Henry Ford.

The Ocelots would get off to a start that they have seen before, scoring first. This time, with scoring 4 in the bottom of the 1st, Schoolcraft would not look back. In what was scheduled to be a 9-inning game, the Ocelots would score in every inning on their way to a 13-0 win in just 5 innings due to the mercy rule.

Schoolcraft would pile on 13 hits with 8 out of the 9 in the lineup registering at least a hit. Sawyer Pace would lead the way with 3 hits, while also scoring twice and bringing in 2 runs. John Sowards got the start at shortstop and ran with it. The sophomore would go 2-2 at the plate with both hits being doubles and cashing in an RBI. The biggest play of the game came in the 2nd inning, an inning where Schoolcraft would score 5 times, where Andrew Thorningwould come up with the bases loaded and 2 outs. Thorning would be able to rope a ball into the right center gap to clear the bases with a triple.

Carlos Plascencia would get the start on the mound and go all 5 innings, allowing 0 runs and strike out 4.

The Ocelots are set to hit the field again on Tuesday with a double-header against Edison State. Schoolcraft swept a double-header earlier in the season against the Chargers.