The Schoolcraft Greenhouse is located adjacent to the Forum Building.
Greet the greenery
April 29, 2024

The chamber has been opened…

Legendary wizarding trio reveals dark secrets of Hogwarts past
Warner Bros. Pictures

“Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Family
Released: November 14, 2002
Runtime: 2 hr 41 min
Streaming on: fuboTV, Max, Peacock, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, Apple TV and Google Play Movies

Rating: 10/10 Stars 

Grab your Nimbus 2000 and take flight into Harry Potter’s second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the brilliant and exciting film “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.”  

This film was directed by the impeccably talented Chris Columbus and was released on November 14, 2002. “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” picks up right where the previous movie “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” left off, following actor Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter while he embarks through new trials and tribulations with the help of friends.  

After a mischievous visit with a haunting warning from Dobby the house-elf, Potter gets cruelly punished by his aunt and uncle for Dobby’s actions. When his friend Ron Weasley who is played by actor Rupert Grint doesn’t hear from Potter, Ron and his older twin brothers set out to rescue him from the degrading Dursleys. Soon after, the group embark on a trip to Diagon Alley for their school shopping. Here, Potter and friends bear witness to actor Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy dropping a mysterious book into the cauldron of Weasley’s sister Ginny, who is played by actor Bonnie Wright.  

The plot only thickens from here, keeping fans on their toes with creepy messages and terrifying situations that begin to pop up at Hogwarts. Included in the startling instances are the petrification of Potter and Weasley’s friend Hermione Granger who is played by actor Emma Watson, a disturbing diary that holds a deadly secret and creepy giant talking spiders. These uncomfortable situations reveal a new quest to save Ginny from meeting a tragic and unnecessary death. Potter must complete a battle with a giant serpent called a Basilisk to save Ginny and stop Lord Voldemort from continuing with this plan.  

Throughout the film, fans will recognize many other returning faces including actor Dame Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall, actor Alan Rickman as Professor Snape, actor Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid and actor Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy. 

This motion picture is a phenomenal addition to this franchise, granting impressive cinematography, well executed directing, a heartwarming and clever story arc and top of the line acting from both popular and new characters. Among its primary themes of magic and the intricate war between good and evil, this film also explores the powerful themes of loyalty and courage.  

“Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” holds an incredibly high entertainment value, taking fans deeper into a captivating and magical wizarding world and making for yet another perfect family friendly movie. Pick up a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, a bottle of pumpkin juice and get cozy for round two of the enchanting and captivating Harry Potter movie series!