Welcome to College

Over 80 colleges scheduled to attend annual College Night

Chantele Fox, Editor-in-Chief

A majority of Schoolcraft students often transfer to a four-year university and with the hundreds of college options, the transfer process is no easy task. Thankfully, there are community-based resources available to assist students throughout the process.
On Oct. 1 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the VisTaTech Center, Schoolcraft will host College Night with representation of more than 80 colleges and universities attending. This community-based event is open to the public with free resources provided not only to Schoolcraft students interested in transferring, but to high school students and their parents who are seeking to explore college options.
With an open house format, attendees are able to arrive whenever is convenient for them during the event. Moreover, students will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from the Michigan Department of Treasury, the Student Financial Services Bureau, as well as Schoolcraft College Student Financial Services, who are prepared to answer any questions they might have. The Michigan Association or Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers’ (MACRAO) is offering an optional online registration process which provides students with a more simplistic method of obtaining and organizing information during College Night by means of a barcode and scanner program.
For instance, students will be able to provide colleges or universities of interest with information regarding their personal achievements and awards, as well as any interest they might have in becoming involved on campus.
While this tool is optional, students are encouraged to register before the event after which they will be provided with a personalized barcode. This barcode may then be printed or digitally presented and scanned by the college or university of interest, securely displaying the information provided by the student. For more information or to complete the registration process, please visit gotocollegefairs.com.
The transfer process can be overwhelming if unprepared, therefore, students planning to attend College Night to come prepared with a few questions and topics of interest to discuss with representatives.
For more information or for a complete list of colleges and universities that will be in attendance, please visit Schoolcraft.edu/collegenight/collegenight.