On the Prowl

Vae O’Neil, A&E Editor

Robot Revolution Exhibit
Cranbrook Institute of Science
39221 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
Now until July 3
Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. & Sunday Noon to 4 p.m.
GA $13, Seniors & Children $9.50, Members and children under 2 admitted FREE

Engage with projects that encompass the marvelous world of robotics as it applies to Service to Humanity, Planetary Exploration, the Disabled and the Film Industry and much more. Robot Revolution is an exhibit both mesmerizing and informative. The exhibits are real, tangible and interactive technological devices, for people of all ages. Come and have a hands on experience of the future!

Halal Metropolis Exhibition
Stamelos Gallery Center, U of M-Dearborn
4901 Evergreen Rd.
Dearborn, Mich.
Now until April 3
Monday – Wednesday & Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Free and open to the public

Halal Metropolis is a traveling collection of exhibitions by artist Osman Khan, photographer Razi Jafri and historian Sally Howell. It explores the facts and fantasies of the Muslim populations in Detroit and Southeast Michigan as perceived through historical research and current conditions. The UM-Dearborn installation will highlight the role that food, fashion and holidays have played in augmenting Muslim visibility in the region. These exhibits are followed by programs that create a dialogue about practices that make Muslims visible in Detroit. The programs take many forms such as lectures, performances, workshops, food and hospitality events, hands-on maker events and more.

Ferndale Blues & Music Festival
Various locations in Ferndale
9 mile Rd.
Ferndale, Mich.
Jan. 24 until Feb. 1
Hours vary

The Ferndale Blues Festival is a yearly community-fueled extravaganza that showcases local talent, musicians and businesses. Bars, restaurants and other community centers participate in this nine-day spectacle as musicians dot the landscape performing their bluesy tunes. All proceeds go to the Ferndale Youth Assistance, a nonprofit providing Ferndale with counseling, scholarships and workshops while supplying tutors for Ferndale schools and emergency funds for families in need.

Detroit Pistons vs. Brooklyn Nets
Little Caesars Arena
2645 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Jan. 25
7 p.m.
Tickets start at $24

Join your friends for a night of net as the Detroit Pistons take on the Brooklyn Nets.

Snoops Dogg | I Wanna Thank Me Tour
The Fillmore
2115 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Jan. 26
7 p.m.
Admission: $57-$90

The unmistakable Snoop Dogg has garnered high praise from hip-hop fans worldwide. He has the distinction of receiving the highest number of Grammy nominations of any music artist without having won one. However, Snoop shows few signs of stopping and with his new “I Wanna Thank Me” tour, no one should write him off just yet.

Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
Little Caesars Arena
2645 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Jan. 27
7 p.m.
Tickets start at $10

Bring your friends for a night of net as the Detroit Pistons take on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Lettuce
Saint Andrew’s Hall
431 E Congress St.
Detroit, Mich.
Jan. 29
7 p.m.
Advance $26; Day of show $31

What does (1) a slang word for cash, (2) the central ingredient of a salad and (3) a genre-breaking sextet mishmash of countless musical influences? LETTUCE. The enchanting allure that Lettuce (the band) created evolves even further with their newest album, which reinterprets their name as “let us” with the theme of unity.

Detroit Pistons vs. Toronto Raptors
Little Caesars Arena
2645 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Jan. 31
7 p.m.
Tickets start at $26

Lead your friends to this night of net as the Detroit Pistons take on the Toronto Raptors.

Detroit red Wings vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Little Caesars Arena
2645 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Feb. 3
7:30 p.m.
Tickets start at $23

Bring your friends to a night of ice and entertainment as the Detroit Red Wings go against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Detroit Pistons vs. Phoenix Suns
Little Caesars Arena
2645 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Feb. 5
7 p.m.
Tickets start at $11

Lead your friends to this night of net, as the Detroit Pistons take on the Phoenix Suns.

Guests of Honor: Frida Kahlo & Salvador Dali
Detroit Institute of Arts
5200 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Feb. 8 – Sept. 27
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday – Sunday 10 a.m. – 5p.m.; Friday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Adults $14, Seniors $9, College Students $8, Youth $6; Children 5 & under, Members and Tri-County Residents FREE

The DIA is welcoming three works of art from Frida Kahlo and Salvador Dalí, featuring portraiture and illusionism. Come taste the expressions of two iconic artists, through each of their magical surrealist lenses.

Detroit Red Wings vs. Boston Bruins
Little Caesars Arena
2645 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Mich.
Feb. 9
2:30 p.m.
Tickets start at $52

Bring your friends to a night of frosty fun as the Detroit Red Wings go against the Boston Bruins.

Graphic by Matthew Armstrong | Production Assistant