Schoolcraft announces cancellation of Spring commencement ceremony

Clarisa Russenberger, Managing Editor

Schoolcraft has joined the growing list of colleges and universities across the state and country announcing that all events, including the Spring Commencement Ceremony, are canceled through May 16 in an effort to control the spread of the Coronavirus.
In a statement released by the College on March 16, this also includes graduations related to the police and fire academies, culinary arts and two nursing pinning ceremonies.
“We know how hard Schoolcraft College Students work to attain their dreams, and the certificate or degree they earn from this institution deserves to be celebrated and shared with family and friends,” said Schoolcraft College President, Dr. Conway Jeffress. “Unfortunately, the current situation with the Coronavirus leaves us no alternative but to cancel commencements this year.”
In an effort to keep the campus and public community updated during this global crisis, they have created a website dedicated to providing current information related to the Coronavirus. It will include frequent updates related to Schoolcraft campus, registration and class information and closures throughout campus.
For information about Schoolcraft’s response to the Coronavirus, please visit schoolcraft.edu/coronavirus.

Photo courtesy of Schoolcaft College