Bradner Library closes on campus services, reference desk support available remotely

Chantele Fox, Editor-in-Chief

Under Executive Order No. 2020-9 and acting under the Michigan Constitution of 1963 and Michigan law, enacted by Governor Gretchen Whitmer, it was announced that all libraries within the state of Michigan are to temporarily close in order to ease the spread of the Coronavirus. This order came just six days after the Governor declared a statewide State of Emergency when the first two cases were confirmed in the state.
In response to this order, Bradner Library located on main campus is closed from March 17 until at least March 31 in junction with this order. Moreover, the Learning Center will be providing remote academic services to students during this time to help ensure their success throughout the remainder of the semester.
Library reference desk support is still available via phone and email at 734-462-4440 or [email protected] during regular business hours to assist. Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
To view Executive Order No. 2020-9 in its entirety, please visit michigan.gov/whitmer.
Bradner-Library

Photos by Jihad Muhammad | Photo Editor