The Student News Site of Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

The power of love
The power of love
July 2, 2024

Ocelots plate 20 runs en route to a doubleheader sweep

NORTHVILLE, MI – The Schoolcraft Ocelots played host to the Hawks from Henry Ford College in an MCCAA Eastern Division doubleheader.

Game 1 – In game 1 of 2, the bats would be alive. In just the first inning, there would be a combined total of 7 runs scored, 4 by the Ocelots, on the way to a total of 19 in the game. After 3 innings of play, Schoolcraft would trail Henry Ford by a score of 8 to 7, thanks to 2 big innings from Henry Ford. Schoolcraft would be unable to tie the game up until the last inning. Entering the bottom of the 7th, Schoolcraft would find themselves down by a run, which would change thanks to Sarah Collins 2nd double of the game. Anna VanSumeren, who was running for Collins, would come home to score on a wild pitch for a walk off win.

Collins and Sydney Scoggins would each have 3 hits for the game. Joining them with multiple hits would be Camryn Keough and Macy Collett, each with 2. Madison Gray and Savina Oladawould also register a hit.

Shannon Mosesso got the win out of the bullpen going 5 innings, allowing 7 hits, 2 earned runs and striking out 5 batters.

Game 2 – Game 2 would be all Ocelots. Scoring in every inning, including 4 in the 1st, Schoolcraft would once again put up 10 runs on their way to a 10-1 run rule win.

Racking up a total of 9 hits, highlighted by Scoggins and Vanessa White, the Ocelots would also take advantage of 6 Henry Ford errors. Scoggins would once again flash her power at the plate. Sydney would have 3 hits on the day, 1 being a triple and 1 being a long ball. Out of White’s 3 hits, 2 of them would result in doubles. Gray, Keough and Olivia Mikowski would also register knocks on the game.

Raina Bonus got the start and the win in the circle going all 6 innings, allowing only 4 hits and 1 run while striking out 5 batters.

Schoolcraft is back on the diamond on Friday as they travel to Oakland Community College’s Highland Park campus to face off against the Raiders. The first pitch is slated for 3:00PM.