Ocelots downed in conference opener

Monarchs takes two from Ocelots in double header

NORTHVILLE, MI – The Schoolcraft Ocelots opened conference play at home by welcoming in the Monarchs from Macomb Community College.

For both games, the Ocelots would struggle to keep the Monarchs off the scoreboard. Game 1 would see Macomb come out on top by a score of 13-1. Most of the scoring from Macomb would come in the last 2 innings with the Monarchs putting up 5 runs in each of the 4th and 5th innings. The lone run for Schoolcraft would come in the 3rd inning when Sydney Scogginsdrove in Savina Olada. Joining Scoggins in the hit column would be Olada, Amber Burzlaff and Madison Gray.

Like the 1st game, Macomb would do most of their scoring towards the end of the game. Macomb would score 18 runs in the last 3 innings on their way to defeating the Ocelots by a score of 19-7. Schoolcraft would lead 3-1 after the 1st inning but would not regain the lead after the 3rd inning. Combining for the 9 hits as a team would be Macy Collett (1), Scoggins (1), Sarah Collins (1), Burzlaff (3), Ella Hayes (1), and Hailey McCleary (2). For 1 of her 3 hits, Burzlaff would hit the long ball while driving in 3 runs for the Ocelots.

Schoolcraft hits the road on Friday, March 22  as they travel to Flint to go up against the Bears from Mott Community College. The first pitch is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.