Thinner than Water

Annual blood drive returns Oct. 1 and 2

Ben Bolstrum, Staff Writer

On Oct. 1 and 2 Schoolcraft will host their annual blood drive in partnership with Versiti Blood of Michigan. The blood drive will occur on both dates from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Lower Waterman of the VisTaTech Center.
“We are working with Versiti Blood of Michigan for our blood drive and they bring out 8 chairs to better process blood donors,” states Todd Stowell, Director of Student Activities. “Other drives we have had in the past have only had 4 chairs and it took a little longer in line to give.”
Anyone who is healthy may sign-up and all blood being donated will be tested before being used for medical emergencies. It is recommended that donors should get a good night’s sleep, eat a meal and drink plenty of liquids before donating.
As an added bonus there will be Karaoke Oct. 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and cider and donuts will be given away Oct. 2 while supplies last.
The Radcliff campus will be hosting a blood drive Oct. 8 from noon until 5:30 p.m. in the Radcliff Center Community Room, room 115. Donors will be offered a free pizza voucher while supplies last.
Appointments are encouraged to be made before the date of the blood drive. For questions or to schedule an appointment, please call 866-642-5663 or visit versiti.org.
For more information on how to get involved, please contact the Student Activities Office at 734-462-4422.