Warm hands, warm hearts

Clothing drive underway on campus

Ben Bolstrum, Staff Writer

From now until Dec. 20th, Schoolcraft’s Business Club is hosting a warm clothing drive in the Lower Waterman Wing of the VisTaTech Center through the Student Activities Office. Anyone willing to donate clothes is urged to do so. All donations will go to St. Leo’s Soup Kitchen for those in need of protection in the upcoming winter.
Any clothing that may be spared such as coats, hats and gloves are great choices for donations. Sweaters, scarves and socks are often overlooked articles that those in need suffer without. Contribute to a good cause by donating instead of allowing unused clothes go to waste during the season of giving.
“As the winter season quickly approaches and temperatures drop, we should all be reminded that although many of us are well prepared for the change in seasons, there are plenty of those who aren’t,” explained Catreese Qualls, President of the Schoolcraft Business Club. “In the spirit of this giving season, I pray that everyone who is able will donate any new or gently used items to ensure that those who aren’t fortunate enough to provide for themselves or their families, will be protected against the detriment of harsh temperatures.”
A single moment of selfless thought may improve someone’s living conditions for years to come. Consider donating warm clothes today.
For more information, contact the Student Activities Office at 734- 462-4422.

Photo courtesy of riverchristian.org.