Fall Job Fair offers loads of opportunities for job seekers

More than 70 employers scheduled to attend

Vae O’Neil, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Attention all job-seekers and those interested: a job fair is coming!

The Fall Job fair is open to the public, and takes place Tuesday, Oct. 12 from 1-3 p.m. in the VisTaTech Center. More than 70 employers are scheduled to attend.

Students are highly encouraged to attend, even if they aren’t currently looking for a job. This fair is an excellent opportunity to network with employers, learn more about their job openings, organizations and  what they look for in a potential employee. It’s a terrific way to begin building one’s career – even when one isn’t ready to send in an application; it’s a part of the career development process.

“Employer interest has been very strong,” explains Director of Career Services JoAnne Stadnicar. “Our goal for the job fair is to have a well-rounded group of employers with jobs at every professional level to appeal to the widest variety of job seekers. The job fair is open to SC students, alumni & community members.”

The design of the job fair is to link all job seekers with employers to find and  ensure employment.

As of publication, The COVID/Delta Variant situation is being monitored every day this event will take place in person for now. As the date approaches, please check for any updates.

It is recommended that job seekers attend one of the upcoming Resume Essentials Live Presentations to prepare for the job fair. The following dates take place prior to the job fair.

Resume Essentials 

Live through the Novi Public Library (currently scheduled on Zoom):
Wednesday, Sept. 22
6:30 – 8 p.m.

ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED:  https://www.novilibrary.org/programs-and-events/calendar ; open to the public

Tuesday, Oct. 5
1-2:30 p.m
Live on Zoom (www.zoom.us – Meeting ID 287 214 1120)
No advance registration required. This event is open to the public.

The Career Services Office is open to the entire community free of charge. For more information on this event or any other questions, please contact Career Services at 734-462-4421 or email [email protected]. The Career Services Office is located in the McDowell Center, room MC105.