Put yourself to the test

Phi Theta Kappa orientation to be held Oct. 4

Madison Ling, Staff Writer

Do you have a 3.5 GPA? Are you interested in challenging yourself academically and professionally? Consider joining an elite organization, called Phi Theta Kappa, right here on the main campus to reach for even greater heights. If eligible, members will have been contacted about their status and are strongly encouraged to attend the upcoming orientation tonight, Oct. 4 from 7 to 8 p.m. This event will be located in the Kehrl Auditorium of the VisTaTech Center.

“The goal of the induction ceremony is to show each student just how special of an achievement becoming a member truly is and share about the great organization they are now a lifetime member of,” states Schoolcraft’s chapter (Omicron Iota) President, Abby Walters. “Another goal is to get students to engage with our chapter. Fellowship is a large part of what we do and the ceremony gives our members a chance to meet other members and the officer team.”

This informational seminar will be conducted by this year’s current officers and feature keynote speaker and International Vice President, Catreese Qualls. The plethora of topics to be covered include how to join, benefits of being in the society, and how to become active and set oneself apart from others. Attendees are requested to wear masks as precaution for COVID-19 and speakers will also wear them unless speaking to the audience.

“The skills and connections that students will get out of the organization directly coincides with what they would like to put into it,” Student Activities Director and advisor, Todd Stowell, remarked. “There are many opportunities from edge programs to more local events to engage with the chapter, Michigan Region and International constituents. For the first time at our college, we have an International Vice President, Catreese Qualls, who ran and won last spring.”

Don’t hesitate! Set yourself apart from others and become recognized for the dedication put into achieving academic excellence!

For more information, please contact the Student Activities Office at 734-462-4422.