Annual Empty Bowl Luncheon raises $1635

Funds raised go toward Schoolcraft’s Student Food Pantry

Claire Smith

The annual Empty Bowl Fundraiser was held December 1, 2021 in the Wilson Room of the VisTaTech Center. Patrons could purchase various ceramic bowls, plates, mugs hand crafted by the Schoolcraft Ceramics Department. All proceeds went to assist with the Schoolcraft Student Food Pantry.

Claire Smith, Intern

The annual Empty Bowl Luncheon returned in person after being forced to go online last December due to restrictions in place by the pandemic. On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 inside the Wilson Room in the VisTaTech Center, hundreds of ceramic bowls, cups, vases, and plates lined multiple tables for patrons to purchase. All items were donated by Schoolcraft Ceramic students. The luncheon was able to raise $1,635 that will assist with the 40 thanksgiving turkey baskets provided to students this season and replenish the student food pantry when inventory is low.

Many students and members of the community made contributions by purchasing the beautiful ceramic pieces and enjoying a complimentary bowl of soup after. Special thanks to Culinary Operations for their assistance with and soup and bread for the Empty Bowl Luncheon.

For more information about the Student Food Pantry, contact the Student Activities Office at 734-462-4422.