Spring into a new career

Career Services hosts spring job fair April 6

Photo courtesy of Schoolcraft College

Attendees at this years Job Fair can expect over 50 employers on hand to meet, connect and recruit from various businesses across Southeast Michigan.

Alex Hawthorne, Staff Writer

Job fairs are one of the best ways to help job seekers connect with potential employers. This is exactly what the Spring Job Fair at Schoolcraft College aims to do this Wednesday, April 6 from 1-3 p.m. in the VistaTech Center.

Attendees can expect over 50 employers on hand to meet, connect and recruit from various businesses across Southeast Michigan.Some of the employers include Amazon, Cyberforce Q, Detroit Medical Center, NTH Consultant Engineers, Oakland County Government, Fifth Third Bank, Schoolcraft College and many more. 

According to JoAnne Stadnicar, director of Schoolcraft Career Services, the job fair is “ a great place to discuss employment opportunities with an actual recruiter. With today’s job search being so automated, it’s nice to make that human connection.” 

This is a great opportunity for students entering the workforce. It is highly recommended that attendees bring multiple copies of their resume and cover letter to leave a lasting mark with potential employers. 

Though sometimes job fairs can be very intimidating to both students and employers, Stadnicar recommends that job seekers “know their value and what they have to offer to a potential employer. Make sure to smile and be themselves” in order to better prepare and not be as intimidated by the environment. 

This is a great opportunity that can serve as a benefit to those looking for just a summer job or to expand into theirtheri long term career goals. 

The event is free and open to the public. No onsite interviews will be conducted.

Career Services offers free assistance to anyone – students and community members alike on their resumes. Contact them at 734-462-4421 or by email at [email protected].