The Schoolcraft Greenhouse is located adjacent to the Forum Building.
Greet the greenery
April 29, 2024
(left to right) Madison Grieb, Nick Yamine and Luis Xhemollari are the 2024 Pythagorean Prize award winners. (photo courtesy of Schoolcraft College)
Achieving greatness
April 17, 2024

#7 Ocelots Continue Winning

Team pushes record to 11-3-0 , 9-1-0 with a 4-0 victory over Marian University’s Ancilla College

LIVONIA, Mi – The #7 Schoolcraft women’s soccer team pushed their record to 11-3-0 , 9-1-0 with a 4-0 victory over Marian University’s Ancilla College.

This game posted a similar feel to the game these two teams played just the previous Saturday. The Ocelots jumped out to the 1-0 lead in the 13th minute when Bella Elliott found the back on the net with help from Ashley Hughes. Victoria Kebbe would quickly score the next goal for the Ocelots when she finished her fifth goal of the season with help from Daniela Alvarez and Hughes in the 15th minute. Five minutes later, Samantha Guciardo would tap one in with help from Mya Sheridan. The three goals in seven minutes would be the only three goals of the first half for the Ocelots as they would go into the break leading 3-0.

It took twenty minutes in the second half for the Ocelots to find the back of the net again. When they did, it would be Kebbe again from Elliott and Kihana King in the 65th minute. Schoolcraft would not post another goal for the remainder of the game but had their chances. The Ocelots would post 23 total shots in the second half forcing the Chargers keeper to make 13 saves.

Like Saturday, Jami Martindale would play the first half and register the win before Fatima El-Zein would step into the net and lock the second half of the game down. Schoolcraft would post forty-nine total shots on the games and had eleven corner kick opportunities but failed to convert on those.

The #7 Schoolcraft Ocelots return to the pitch on Saturday (Sept. 30) when they travel to #19 Kellogg Community College. The Ocelots and the Bruins just squared off on September 20 with the Ocelots coming out victorious by a score of 6-2.