The Student News Site of Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Buried Neck Deep in punk
Buried Neck Deep in punk
February 27, 2024
ASA members and attendees at the Chinese New Year celebration in the Lower Level, Vistatech Center.
Photo courtesy of the Asian Student Association.
A community connected
February 23, 2024
Image by Freepik
Parents of Schoolcraft
February 22, 2024
Professor Brett Griffiths holding her book “Two-Year College Writing Studies” in her office.
Not equal, but inclusive
February 21, 2024

Let’s Play!

Annual two day School Daze Fall Festival showcased clubs, student services and community partners with campus community

The Student Activities Office presented its annual School Daze Fall Festival on Sept. 18 and 19, from 10 am – 2 p.m. inside the Trinity Elite Sports Center. “Let’s Play” was the theme that surrounded the fair. This is the largest student recruitment event on campus. Each event particpant table was encouraged to provide a game and/or attraction of some sort that engaged the students who traveled through the School Daze event.

Attractions included games and prizes on the Schoolcraft Connection Main Stage –students even got more involved on the main stage with “Minute to Win it” games every 20 minutes during the duration of the festival.

Student and any other visitors tested their agility by playing Pickleball, Fowling, Bocce Ball, frisbee, cornhole and/or volleyball inside next to the fair.

LIVE Nation concert tickets, FREE 5 minute Psychic readings, and a FREE Caricature artist as well as an Escape Room, and FREE 10 minute chair massages.

The League of Women Voters was out to register students to vote in local, regional and national elections.

The tradion of 50 cent hot dogs and 25 cent chips was a hit as visitors grabbed a quick bite to eat. The Asian Student Association had a Henna Artist who created art for participants.

The Hinkle Student Resource Center joined Student Activities to provide a Wellness Fair for our students as part of this year’s event.  This partnership allows us to have community agencies from across the area right here on campus to inform our students of the services available to them.