Favorite fall trends

Joshua Hardy

Although adults, nothing brings us back to our childhood like Halloween. The sweet/spicy, homey smells of cinnamon, candy, pumpkin carvings, halloween movies, trick or treating and more allow us to enjoy the little things. Luckily with some new and old spooky trends, we get to bring a little bit of youthful energy into our holiday. 

Probably the easiest trend ever (in fact, we did it for our group editorial photo last year) is the TikTok ghost trend. Draping a white sheet over your head and cutting eye holes that will be covered with some awesome sunglasses are not only adorable, but an easy and great way to take some fun photos and get in the spirit with friends and family; pets have even participated! 

When the smell of caramel and pumpkin fills the air, you know fall is here! This halloween trend is all about using that jack-o-lantern to its fullest potential and delving into the classic pumpkin flavored everything. From a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin oatmeal cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin seeds, to pumpkin soup, fall has it all and with the right recipes so do you. 

One of the best Halloween “trends” is visiting corn mazes near the holiday. Whether it be a rainy or clear night, going through a maze in October is never CORN-y. Keep your eyes open so you don’t run into any COB-webbs. Who knows, you might even have a STALK-er follow you through the maze if you go to a haunted corn maze. Make sure to keep your EARS open next time you visit a corn maze so you don’t get spooked if you get lost. 

A favorite Halloween trend that students may have is visiting a pumpkin patch. Lots of people post about pumpkins on social media throughout the fall season. Blocks Greenhouse in Romulus, MI is a great place to continue that tradition. The very best part about Blocks is that their selections go far beyond standard fall items like pumpkins, corn stalks and gourds. Many shoppers also stock up on fresh produce for canning and preserving throughout the wintertime. 

A trend that many students have is scaring themselves for enjoyment. A perfect opportunity to achieve that adrenaline rush can be found by visiting Cedar Point. During the fall season they call it HalloWeekends, which begins every Thursday to Sunday from Sept. 14 till Oct. 29. During this time, Cedar Point has Halloween activities and during the night, they scare guests to and from different rollercoaster rides. Thus, giving guests no break from the thrills found in the rides, and in the park itself.