The Student News Site of Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Ocelots earn third win in a row

The Schoolcraft Ocelots looked to make it their third win in a row as they squared off against the JV team from Spring Arbor University.

Coming out of the opening tip off, it was a hot start for the Ocelots. Schoolcraft would see the first 7 points of the game with 5/7 coming from Demi Rodriguez. After a timeout from Schoolcraft after a quick 5-0 run from SAU, Schoolcraft would rattle off 10 straight points to push their lead to 12. A 13-5 run in favor of SAU would see that Ocelot lead dwindle to 4 points after the first quarter. The 2nd quarter would remain another high scoring 10 minutes of basketball. It was a very back and fourth quarter with the Ocelots extending their lead slightly outscoring the Cougars by a total of 20-14 in the quarter to take the 42-32 lead into the break.

Schoolcraft would tweak some things in the locker room, and it would show on the defensive end. Throughout the 3rd quarter, SAU would only muster 5 points with 3 of their points coming from the free throw line. The offense would not change for the Ocelots. Schoolcraft would again put up 20 points in the quarter to go into the last frame of play with a 62-37 lead. The 4th quarter would prove to be a low scoring 10 minutes as the Ocelots were focused on not letting any runs happen to keep their large lead intact. The Ocelots would manage to outscore SAU by a total of 10-8 in the 4th quarter to cap off their 72-45 win.

Demi Rodriguez would lead all scorers with 24 points on 9/14 shooting from the field. Garyan Overton would big a big force coming off the bench. Overton would be the 2nd highest Ocelot scorer with 18 points and be the team’s leading rebounder with 7. Halle Rogers would lead the team in assists with 3 off the bench.

The Schoolcraft Ocelots will be back in action on Friday, December 15 as they square off against Muskegon Community College taking place at Mott Community College. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.