Ocelots downed at buzzer

The Schoolcraft Ocelots looked to make it their second win in a row as they squared off against the Hawks from Hocking College.

It was quite a common first half that we would see out of the Ocelots. The first 5 minutes were back and fourth action with both teams trading baskets. Then, the Ocelots would seem to have a lid put on their basket for a couple of minutes while the opposing team goes on a slight run. We would see this against Hocking as the score would be 9-7 through 5 minutes and then suddenly, 5 minutes later, the score was 19-7. That would be as far as Hocking would get as the Ocelots would go on a run of their own and with 3:30 left in the 1st half, Schoolcraft all of a sudden only trailed 25-24. However, that lid would go back on the Ocelot basket as going into halftime, Hocking pushed their lead back to10 as the score read 36-26. Ashton Henderson and Mackhi Jackson would lead the Ocelots with 7 points each in the first half.

As we have seen throughout the season, this Ocelot team will not back down. With 10:36 left in the second half, the Ocelots would trail 54-42. In just 1:28, that Hocking lead would be trimmed to just 4 points after a 3-pointer was made by Daniel Lee. For the last 9 minutes of the game, it was back and forth action. The Ocelots would not see a lid on their basket for the rest of the game. With 4:41 left, Makell Johnson-Dobbs would nail a 3-pointer to put the Ocelots in the lead by a score of 59-55. 5 quick points would put Hocking back in the lead as the teams continued to trade blows. With 1:07 left in the game, Hocking would lead 64-61 when Keon Henderson would get fouled on a made layup and capitalize on the 3-point play to tie the game. The score would remain 64 all until the final buzzer when Hocking would nail a buzzer beating 3-pointer to down the Ocelots.

Daniel Lee was the leading scorer for the Ocelots with 20 points. Lee would go 6-15 from the field including 2-5 from behind the arc. Lee would also be the leading rebounder with 6 and Keon Henderson would lead Schoolcraft with 5 assists. Makell Johnson-Dobbs would be the only other Ocelot in double figures with 10 points off of the bench.

Schoolcraft is back in action on Friday, December 15, as they play Muskegon Community College at Mott Community College with tip-off at 5:00 p.m. EST.