What’s the winter Buzz?

Wintry Arts and Entertainment Events in Metro-Detroit 

By Alexandra Lachine, Arts and Entertainment Editor

sledding-1984387-Pixabay[1]
(Image from pixibay.com)
Sledding on “Dead Man’s Hill”  
Edward N. Hines Drive between Middlebelt and Inkster Rd. 
Open any day from dawn to dusk with adequate snowfall 
No cost 
Braving the steep height of Hines Park’s notorious “Dead Man’s Hill” has been a beloved winter tradition across generations of Michigan families. The hill is complete with steps along its east facing side for easy climbing. Enjoy a fresh snowfall with family or friends as you master the hill’s challenge of fun while taking in the beauty of winter in the park’s natural display. Although its height and steepness may seem intimidating, Dead Man’s Hill is ideal for sledders of all ages and experience. 
15673043_1259514920753570_486088609622909040_n[1]
Wild Winter 
Feb. 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 
Adult admission $15, children under 15, seniors 62+, active military with ID $10 
Detroit Zoo 8450 W. 10 mile Rd., Royal Oak, MI 48067 
Embrace the winter weather this season during the Wild Winter weekend at the Detroit Zoo. Wild Winter is a fun way to experience the magic of the zoo in winter. Enjoy your favorite habitats indoors and out along with special activities, zookeeper talks, crafts and more. You may be surprised at how many animals embrace the snow and cold. 
DETslides_05
Ice Skating in Downtown Detroit 
The Rink at Campus Martius Park 800 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48226 
Every day through March 4 
Monday to Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. 
Wednesday to Thursday From 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. 
Friday from 11 a.m. to midnight 
Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. 
Sunday from 12 to 8 p.m. 
Adults $8, Children 12 and under and seniors 65 and older $7 
Before spring can break the ice, it’s a great idea to lace up your skates and hit the ice of Campus Martius Park. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, The Rink is the perfect spot to skate the day away and take in the sights of the bustling Motor City. Visit one of many nearby restaurants or bars for a bite to eat at the end of an eventful winter day. 
Pine Knob Ski and Snowboard Resort 
7778 Sashabaw Rd., Clarkston, MI 48348 
Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday through Sunday from 3 to 10 p.m. 
Tickets prices vary depending on time of session 
No better way to spend a winter day than hitting the slopes after a fresh snowfall. The Ski and Snowboard Resort at Pine Knob features a 300 foot vertical with 17 runs, three terrain parks, two world-famous Wonder Carpets, six chairlifts and four tow ropes. The resort’s custom-designed TOPGUN snowmakers ensure great snow conditions all season. Located in Oakland County between Detroit and Flint, Pine Knob is southeast Michigan’s destination ski resort for beginners, experts, families or individuals.