Study with a buddy

Academic success coaches to host remote learning webinar on study strategies

Madison Ling, Managing Editor

Ready to take your academic performance to the next level? Look no further than the upcoming ‘Study Strategies’ workshop June 10 with Learning Support Services’ (LSS) Academic Success Coaches. This event will take place remotely via Blackboard Collaborate from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Best of all, it’s free and open to anyone who wishes to attend.
Many of Schoolcraft College’s student services recently went to an all-inclusive remote format due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This global health scare is beginning to calm down, but the college has continued to faithfully provide the services that many students rely upon throughout their academic journey.
For this upcoming ‘Study Strategies’ webinar, it’s recommended that students log in 30 minutes before the scheduled event to allow ample time to connect. Students are also advised to use Google Chrome as their browser for the best quality streaming. Once connected and ready to roll, students can listen and ask the academic success coaches questions by using the chat box located in the bottom right corner of Blackboard Collaborate.
The workshop will be conducted and facilitated by Schoolcraft’s academic coaches. These individuals are a lesser-known resource to many students, but they are all about enriching and enhancing the lives of Schoolcraft’s students.
Anyone can schedule an appointment with them to evaluate where their academic skills need improvement in order to reach their goals. Coaches provide a listening ear, strategies to help students soar and unyielding encouragement throughout the process. Topics of discussion in the webinar will be focused on remote learning strategies such as time management, organization and knowing the resources available as a registered Ocelot.
For more information about the ‘Study Strategies’ webinar, please contact the Learning Center at [email protected] or by calling 734-462-4436. Students can also visit this page schoolcraft.edu/lac/academic-success-coaches to learn about Schoolcraft’s academic success coaches or to schedule a remote appointment.