Welcome to the new year

Happy new year, Ocelots!

As we survive week one of the winter semester, it’s important to stay positive and look forward to the new opportunities that come with a fresh year. Consider joining a club or attending campus sponsored events this semester to help boost your mood while bolstering your resume. While we may continue to be apart, there are still plenty of ways to stay connected.

The start of this new semester also marks a new frontier for the Connection. This month we are introducing our online newspaper’s companion app. All of our new stories and updates right at your fingertips! We are housed on the app called “CollegeNewsSource” alongside other universities and community colleges. Simply search for the Schoolcraft Connection and the app will save us to your dashboard. Customize the apps alerts so you get the news you need. We look forward to supplying the campus with interesting features and important news updates this semester and the app helps get that information to our readers faster.

It’s also important to remember that we have not left COVID-19 in 2020, as much as many of us would have hoped. The virus still remains a threat to many people, but that doesn’t mean everything is doom and gloom. There is hope now that vaccines are being distributed and it’s our hope that soon enough they will be distributed to the general public once frontline workers have been administered their due protection. Although we can see light at the end of the tunnel, it’s important to stay smart and maintain the proper precautions for keeping everyone safe until then.

As always, we genuinely appreciate the support from all of our readers. From those who’ve been with us long enough to have once held one of our newspapers in their hands (and hopefully once more one day), to those who’ve just discovered us; to all of you we offer our sincerest thanks, and we hope you continue following us through this new and – cosmos willing – tepid year.

Best wishes for a better year and for all to be well!

The Schoolcraft Connection Editorial Team