Hinkle Center to host “Buying a Home” workshop Sept. 29

Speakers to give advice about home-buying process

Ben Bolstrum, Managing Editor

Living accommodations can be a struggle to come across for a college student balancing so many other aspects of life. This is why the Hinkle Student Resource Center will be hosting a workshop on how to buy a home as a college student Thursday, Sept. 29 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. at the Wilson Room of the VisTaTech center or online through Zoom.

Guests will include Alexis Sprankle who will use her expertise as a realtor at eXp Realty to provide college students vital information about the home-buying process as well as Greg Goddard who will use his experience as a mortgage lender and Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) specialist to educate students on ways to budget and save money.

“My hope is that students will learn important information about the home buying process and maybe realize they can do it sooner than they might expect, ” said Hinkle Center Resource Specialist Rhonda Donovan. “Even if you think you may not purchase a home while being a Schoolcraft student, the information shared will be so beneficial in considering the possibility of home ownership at any time.

Attendees can expect to learn about the benefits of owning a home while they pursue an education. The speakers will also give tips on how the process of buying a home works as well as ways to ensure the process is as smooth as possible. Students will also be able to ask questions at the end of the presentation during a Q&A portion of the workshop.

Registration is not required for this event, but it is preferred to do so with a QR code found on posters for the event.

Don’t let the present go by without information that could help for the future. Discover more about what it takes to buy a home at this event. 

For more information, please contact the Hinkle Student Resource Center at 734-462-4443 or [email protected]