Victories gained

Soccer teams shutout Lake Michigan College

Both the Men’s and Women’s soccer teams faced off against Lake Michigan College on Sunday, Sept. 17 and secured two more wins.

The Men’s team kicked off the doubleheader in epic fashion with an offensive show and impressive 10-0 win. The Ocelots took charge early and held the momentum for the duration of the game. 

Forward Gavin LaMere got the Ocelots on the board early at the 4:30 mark making it 1-0. Dominic Maisano and Tommy Mittelstadt assisted on the goal.

Forward Dante Davidson scored the second goal at the 17:00 minute with an assist by LaMere making it 2-0. In the 24:00 minute midfielder Kellen Larson with an assist from Maisano, scored the third goal, increasing the Ocelots lead to 3-0. The team finished out the first half with a goal by defender Diego Ayala assisted by ​​LaMere and Larson pushing the score to 4-0.

The boys didn’t wait long starting the second half to jump back on the scoreboard. Within the first 10:00 minutes, defender Matheus Barbosa scored at the 50:00 minute with an assist from Larson making  it 5-0. One minute later defender Gavin Brose scores with assists by LaMere and Larson putting the Ocelots up by a half dozen, 6-0.

Larson continued to shine and followed up with two more goals in the 55:00 and 66:00 minute. LaMere, Billy Bingham and Brose assisted on the Larson goals. On the eighth goal, Larson recorded the hat trick, his third of the game. 

The game closed out with LaMere making a goal at the 70:00 minute with assists by Mittelstadt, Larson and midfielder Kyle Jennings, 88:00 minute assisted by Guilherme Gouvea and Nate Boos, rounding out the scoring at 10-0.  

The Ocelots outshot Lake Michigan 38-4 and Brenden Ware got the win in net.

Schoolcraft is now 7-2-0 overall, 4-1-0 in the conference.

In the back half of the doubleheader the women’s team grabbed a 1-0 win. The lone goal of the game was made by defender Samantha Guciardo at the 28:00 minute. Guciardo was assisted by defender Victoria Kebbe in the effort. 

Schoolcraft outshot Lake Michigan 20-6 and Jami Martindale played all 90:00 minutes in net.

The ladies extended their winning streak to five and now are 8-3-0 overall, 5-1-0 in conference play.

For more information on schedules, rosters, and stats go to www.schoolcraftocelots.com