End of the road

Soccer teams season ends at National Tournament in Tucson

The season ended abruptly for the Ocelots with two losses for both teams on Nov. 13 and 14 at the 2023 NJCAA DII Men’s/Women’s Soccer Championship Pool Play.

The Women’s team started tournament play on Sunday, Nov. 12 playing against #4 Northeast Community College losing, 2-1. The lone goal for the Ocelots was scored by forward Ashley Hughes with an assist from forward Mya Sheridan in the 33rd minute. 

On Monday Nov. 13, with the season on the line, the Ocelots faced #5 Jones College. Unfortunately the team ran out of steam and lost, 3-1. Victoria Kebbe scored the lone goal, a penalty kick, during the 81st minute unassisted.

The Men’s team played #10 Heartland Community College on Nov. 13 and went into 2OT before a winner was awarded. Unfortunately it was the Ocelots who ended up losing 4-3.

Forward Dante Davidson scored in the 32nd minute unassisted. The second goal by defender Matheus Barbosa, unassisted during the 64th minute. Schoolcraft’s third goal was made by midfielder Gavin Brose during the 84th minute, also unassisted. 

The following day, Nov. 14 the men played #3 CCBC Essex and were defeated, 4-1. The lone goal came from forward Dante Davidson making an unassisted kick during the 52nd minute. 

Despite the losses, both teams represented Schoolcraft on the National level proudly. 

For more information on future schedules, rosters, and stats go to www.schoolcraftocelots.com