Jingle bell rock your way up to Frankenmuth

Spectacular winter and holiday themed events perfect for the whole family
Izabella Allie
Bronners in Frankenmuth will be hosting spectacular winter and holiday themed events perfect for the whole family now into the new year.

It’s that time of year again featuring cold days that may or may not include snow, holiday music and a gingerbread flavored coffee. For those of us that love this holiday season, we are ready for all things holiday! 

Just an hour and a half drive from campus, Michigan has its own Christmas Winter Wonderland located in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Frankenmuth annually hosts numerous events that entertain friends and family and features uniquely themed shops for delicious foods, treasured trinkets and more all year round. This winter, Frankenmuth will be having several events that are perfect for the whole family to celebrate the holiday season. 

Santa visits Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland 

Kick off your Christmas season with a trip to Frankenmuth for Santa visits at Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland beginning Nov. 24 and running through Dec. 24, 2023. This is a perfect opportunity to bring the kids for a meeting and photo with Santa, and experience the world’s largest Christmas store while making some magical memories that will last a lifetime. Be sure to check the Bronner’s website for an up to date list of times for the visit, however special hours have been specifically noted for Nov. 24 and Christmas Eve, as well as noting they are closed on Christmas Day. It is recommended to plan accordingly for wait times to enter the store. Parking is available for free onsite with handicap accessible parking and no fees apply to enter or visit with Santa. 

Holiday Breakfast Tea 

A second delightful and unique holiday themed event, Holiday Breakfast Tea, will be hosted by Zehnder’s Restaurant in Frankenmuth on Dec. 9 from 8:00 am until 10:00 am. The menu will include a variety of delicious teas, as well as delectable holiday themed breakfast items including desserts, salads and more. Each participant will also receive their own beautiful holiday-themed teacup and saucer! 

Reservations are required, and the cost will be $68 per person, including the tax and tip. Parking is free and available onsite along with handicap accessible parking, and this location is easily accessible from other areas in the downtown area.

New Year’s Eve Celebration 

To celebrate the last day of 2023, the New Year’s Eve Celebration at Zehnder’s Splash Village is a fantastic event to inspire a winter getaway to Frankenmuth. This spectacular event will be held at the Zehnder’s Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark from New Year’s Eve until Jan. 2, 2024. 

It will feature luxurious accommodations, such as a toast at midnight complete with party favors and fireworks, dinner buffet and dessert extravaganza, plenty of fun and exciting entertainment, a special in-room gift and more. This event is free to those with a required two night stay minimum at the hotel, with free parking available onsite as well as handicap accessible parking.

Zehnder’s Snowfest 

Lastly, Zehnder’s Snowfest is happening from Jan. 24 to Jan. 28, 2024. This sensational event features incredible snow and ice sculptures located throughout the entire town, giving visitors a jaw-dropping adventure to see them all. 

This event is free, and does not have specific parking because the sculptures are spread around town, allowing visitors a chance to see everything whether they are walking or driving.

Frankenmuth is the perfect location to celebrate the winter and holiday season, offering many unique and diverse events to choose from. As you travel through this winter-wonderland, you will be immersed into its incredible sights, fascinating history and the magical adventures that await you. 

Are you ready to start planning your trip?