Merriment, melodies and marvelous creations

Chill summer festivals to keep your vibe cool

Soak up the sun this summer, while exploring some of Michigan’s fantastic summer festivals! These exciting festivals provide the perfect opportunity to take a break from life’s busy schedule to bond and celebrate with our communities and loved ones. They evoke a sense of wonder in all their guests, supply endless educational opportunities and promote diversity. Whether you are looking for music, art or just some fun, Michigan summer festivals will have you covered with something special to offer everyone. 

Canton Liberty Fest
June 13-15
Heritage Park in Canton

Get your summer party started with the 31st annual Canton Liberty Fest, taking place the weekend of June 13-15 at Heritage Park in Canton, Michigan. This festival is loaded with lively entertainment including carnival rides and games, a mouthwatering food truck rally and two stages providing riveting live concerts. Other festivities over the weekend will include the incredible firework show happening exclusively on Friday, the Third Annual Juneteenth Community Celebration and the 10th Annual Liberty Run. Guests can download the “Canton Liberty Fest” app on their smart phones or devices to stay one step ahead of the game and up to date with a map and other current information. Both regular parking and Handicap accessible are available onsite for free, while the carnival rides and games will require a fee. 

For additional information, visit: https://www.cantonmi.gov/924/Canton-Liberty-Fest. 

Art In The Park
June 12-14
Downtown Plymouth

The middle of July brings along the ever-popular summer event Art In The Park, happening June 12-14 in the heart of Downtown Plymouth, Michigan. The streets and Kellogg Park are engulfed in magnificent art ranging from paintings to sculptures, jewelry and more! Guests can further enjoy the event with the soothing sounds of the reggae band, Roots Vibration, who will perform all weekend long in Kellogg Park. Visitors can also take a dive into some new foods with several food truck vendors that will be located throughout the festival grounds. Paid parking and Handicap accessible will be available downtown, 

with extra Handicap being offered along Union Street. As an alternative, Schoolcraft will be offering free parking for patrons with a round-trip shuttle ride to Plymouth City Hall that is six dollars for adults and free for children twelve and younger. Due to the crowding and elevated temperatures, this event specifically recommends leaving furry friends at home. 

For additional information, visit: https://artinthepark.com/. 

Faster Horses Festival
July 19 –21
Brooklyn, Michigan

Country music fans rejoice! Faster Horses Festival is back, setting the stage once again from July 19 –21 in Brooklyn, Michigan,. This festival is a three day long camping concert extravaganza that is jam packed with some of the biggest names in country music. Headliners include Jelly Roll, Lainey Wilson, Hardy and Old Dominion; just to name a few. While camping is not required, it is strongly encouraged. Food and merchandise vendors will be available at the venue, and campsites will feature a convenience store. If you would like to attend but camping isn’t your thing, be sure to purchase a three-day parking spot so you can commute back and forth. The official website states that no single day parking will be sold, and they will not allow pets. 

For additional information, visit: https://fasterhorsesfestival.com/. 

Soaring Eagle Arts, Beats and Eats
Aug. 30-Sept. 2
Royal Oak, Michigan 

To conclude summer and welcome fall, try the Soaring Eagle Arts, Beats and Eats Festival from Aug. 30-Sept. 2 in Royal Oak, Michigan. Watch the seasonal colors change by taking a stroll through the impeccable art booths to find incredible works of art in ceramics, glass, photography, painting, etc. Soak in the sounds of the refreshing beats at some of the heart pounding concerts that will be taking place on several stages throughout the weekend; ranging from tribute bands, to famous rock stars. Finally, indulge in some of the delicious savory foods this festival will have to offer at its many food vendors that will be among the festivities on the festival grounds. This event is free, but concerts will require a ticket purchased in advance and all parking will be available for a fee. This festival will not allow pets other than approved ADA Service Animals. 

For additional information, visit: https://artsbeatseats.com/. 

Marinate in the merriment, mellow in the melodies and marvel in magnificent creations of some of Michigan’s finest summer festivals. Among all the excitement, don’t forget to practice safety when visiting festivals and other public events, stay well hydrated and dress accordingly for the weather. Start your planning now and let the summer celebrations begin!