Winter woes begone

Annual School Daze “Winter Bash” returns virtually

Madison Ling, Campus Life Editor

The winter season might be a bore, but the winter semester does not have to be.

If you are looking to get active this semester, join the Schoolcraft community Jan. 27 from 4 to 6 p.m. for the college’s annual School Daze Winter Bash. Although we cannot be together in person, the college and the Student Activities Office are delivering this tradition virtually so that students can socialize, learn more about getting involved in campus clubs, all while getting the opportunity for a chance at a personalized caricature by BobKat Art and other prizes.

“This is a great opportunity to network with like-minded people or start your own club to get others involved. We plan to have student groups in the Zoom rooms to share upcoming plans for the semester using breakout sessions,” states Student Activities Director, Todd Stowell. “This will allow students to come on the call to visit and learn about the benefits of joining different clubs that we have on campus and to also learn how to start their own organization.”

A comprehensive list of participating clubs will be displayed at the virtual entrance of this event for students’ convenience and to assist in directing them to what clubs they would like to visit. Each group will have its own respective breakout room after the initial main session. Attendees will have the option to roam between breakout rooms as they please to gather information from the various groups on campus.

T-shirts will be given as prizes and a select number of students will be invited to have their caricature drawn by Bob Kat Art, which will be later scanned and sent via email or held in printed form for pick up later in the semester.

By joining and participating in club meetings and events, current students have a chance to win an iWatch or an Air Pods at the end of the Winter semester. Every student club meeting will provide students with an opportunity to win these prizes at the end of the semester (as long as they sign in with names, emails and phone numbers.) Every meeting that students attend will equal 1 entry. The frequency of meeting attendance will provide students with greater odds of winning the grand prizes and secondary prizes that will be determined later in the semester.

The drawing for the winter semester for the iWatch and Air Pods will take place at the Jack Box Games Event in April. Students who have entered by attending meetings and event do not need to be present to win. (“Signup Genius” entries will be the list that we are drawing from.

College is a time to explore as many interests as possible, so do not miss out on the opportunity to find or start a new club.

To attend this event, use this link to Zoom schoolcraftcollege.zoom.us/j/88397180538 or the Meeting ID: 883 9718 0538.

For more information, please contact the Student Activities Office at [email protected] or 734-462-4422.