The Student News Site of Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Welcome to Disney’s Dreamlight Valley

A video game where your Disney dreams come true

Disney Dreamlight Valley is a breathtaking and delightfully imaginative video game that was released on Sep. 6, 2022 for the platforms Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch and PC. This video game warmly welcomes players to immerse themselves in the magical world of Disney by designing and playing in their very own enchanting world called Dreamlight Valley.

Inside their valley, players will battle “the forgetting” while helping some of their favorite Disney and Pixar characters with quests. Players are also able to decorate their valley, craft items and furniture, cook up some delicious meals and participate in fun activities such as gardening, mining, digging, fishing and so much more. Disney Dreamlight Valley includes many customizable options for character creation including body and skin tone, facial features and makeup, hair style and color, clothing, jewelry and more as well as world and house customization. Players can create new items from a workbench or purchase additional Disney themed clothing and furniture from Scrooge McDucks shop with free in-game gold, or use real currency to purchase moonstones through their platform’s online store. 

Disney Dreamlight Valley features beautifully detailed and clear graphics and a smooth gameplay style with easy to use controls. It also includes seasonal events and content releases, including a “Star Path” that grants players exclusive rewards that are themed to match its seasonal content. Disney Dreamlight Valley also provides content updates throughout the year for free that add new Disney characters, items and worlds, among other things to help players continue expanding their Dreamlight Valley.

This game does feature some drawbacks as gameplay becomes limited after you have completed all available quest lines and worlds, and some tasks are performed slowly such as gardening and mining which can be timely and slightly boring. It is also unfortunately not error free as some updates can have issues, although they do get fixed in a timely manner. 

Despite the minor flaws, Disney fans will absolutely love immersing themselves in this game with its endless creative and excitingly fun possibilities. 

Prepare yourself for long hours of play because this game is hands down Disney’s best console made game to date for creative and adventurous fun.