The Student News Site of Schoolcraft College

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Schoolcraft Connection

Not all heroes wear capes

“The Santa Clauses” bring a new sleigh full of mysteries and adventures
Disney+Plus
Disney Plus

“The Santa Clauses”
PG
Genre: Comedy/Family/Fantasy/Holiday
33 minutes per episode
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Visit the North Pole to celebrate the holidays by watching Disney Pluses new hit, “The Santa Clauses,” created by Jack Burditt. This charming and captivating show continues the story of Scott Calvin,  played by Tim Allen, in his quest as Santa Claus. He is accompanied by his family members Mrs. Claus (Elizabeth Mitchell), their son Cal (Austin Kane) and their daughter Sandra, played by Tim Allen’s real life daughter Elizabeth Allen-Dick.

“The Santa Clauses” was initially released with season one on Nov. 16, 2022, and launched its release of season two on Nov. 8, 2023, with new episodes being released weekly.

“The Santa Clauses” creatively takes viewers through some newfound trouble the Calvin family runs into.

The first season kicks off with Santa Scott running into trouble while delivering presents on Christmas Eve from people no longer believing in him. This event facilitates several startling Christmas Eves, causing Santa Scott to seek a successor to take over the role of Santa so he may enter retirement. This endeavor does not turn out as planned, instead turning into a vital mission forcing the Calvin family to discover their “gifts” from the North Pole and joining together to save Christmas.

This show features a significant amount of hilarious and unforgettable jokes and friendly banter which helps make it a massively entertaining watch. Some familiar faces include Scott’s son Charlie and The North Pole’s Bernard the Elf, as well as new ones including retired professional football player Payton Manning who interviews for the role of Santa Claus in season one.

The storyline also shines a new light on Mrs. Claus and the challenges she faces, such as difficulties raising children at the North Pole.

Viewers watching this magical show may find it difficult to find plot holes, as this show did an impeccable job at incorporating and connecting important key aspects and characters from each movie in the “Santa Clause” trilogy into its story. Fans of the North Pole will be thoroughly engaged in the adventures and will enjoy some of its relatively unpredictable twists and turns. The only spot that missed the mark was the lack of several original character favorites from the “Santa Clause” trilogy such as the other Legendary Holiday Figures like Jack Frost and Mother Nature, Scott Calvins ex-wife Laura, her husband Neil and their daughter Lucy who are all not yet seen during this series.

“The Santa Clauses” depiction of the North Pole is nothing short of enchanting and breathtakingly beautiful, and each episode ends leaving the audience craving to see what happens next. It is a magnificent, magical and wildly entertaining holiday movie that is perfect to help you and your loved ones celebrate the holiday season.