A brilliant “Frozen” adaptation

A new twist on a Disney classic that is sure to give you the chills

Conceal, Don’t Feel
A Twisted Tale #7
By Jen Calonita
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy Fiction
320 Pages
Available in Hardcover, Audiobook, and eBook
First Published: Oct. 1, 2019 

RATING: 3.5/5  

Revisit the chillingly entertaining Disney classic film “Frozen” in a new novel retelling the classic story with a new twist titled “Conceal, Don’t Feel.” With Anna and Elsa having never met and leading vastly different lives, they both must embark on their own journeys to uncover the truth about each other and why they were separated to begin with. 

“Conceal, Don’t Feel” was fabulously crafted and sculpted by Jen Calonita, with its release Oct. 1, 2019. This novel perfectly falls into the genres of Young Adult and Fantasy Fiction which explores the positive feelings of perseverance, love and bravery. The novel also addresses the dark feelings of loneliness, fear and the grief of losing loved ones. 

Like in the feature film “Frozen”, Elsa remains reserved and cautious being raised by the King and Queen in Arendelle. Anna remains curious, lively and adventurous being raised by loving bakers in a town called Harmon, which is located several hours from Arendelle. Both Anna and Elsa face their own challenges and triumphs, as well as difficulties with each other from their time apart. The cause of their separation and vast differences that will enchant readers with their heartwarming story. 

The author did an excellent job at recreating and elaborating on both Arendelle and its beloved characters. She flawlessly maintained a smooth and natural writing style, with a story that flowed gently and continuously. 

Where this novel really missed the mark was in its lack of depth and originality. While the storyline was cute and entertaining, it lacked depth in its mysteries and felt almost too similar to its original movie “Frozen.” 

Overall, “Conceal, Don’t Feel” got three and a half stars out of five because it is thoughtfully connected to Disney’s film “Frozen.” The novel contains an enjoyable and relatively simple storyline that will be easy for readers to follow and understand. 

Fans of Disney will be sure to enjoy “Conceal, Don’t Feel” and its entertaining experience.