Ocelots falter In conference opener

The Schoolcraft Ocelots opened up MCCAA league play by hosting the #6 ranked Monarchs from Macomb Community College.

The Ocelots came out fast and ready to go in their first of many ranked contests in MCCAA play. Going into the halftime break, the Ocelots would lead the Monarchs by a score of 35-28. Marshall Thorn and Mackhi Jackson would lead the way in the offensive end for the first half with both players scoring 8 points. Daniel Lee would lead the way on the glass posting 8 rebounds in the first 20 minutes. Ball security was a massive thing for Schoolcraft, turning the ball over only 3 times while having 4 steals on the defensive end.

Eventually, the 8th ranked scoring offense in the country would find its stride. In the 2nd half, Macomb would more than double their first half output with 59 total points in the 2nd half. The Monarchs shot 70% from the field, including 55.6% from 3, en route to their comeback victory. Mackhi Jackson would lead the way again for the Ocelots, contributing 14 of the teams 37 total 2nd half points.

Mackhi Jackson led the offensive output with 22 points while Daniel Lee pitched in with 13, and also 10 rebounds, and Ashton Henderson scored 14 points. Amare Stevens was able to contribute 8 points in 17 minutes off the bench.

Schoolcraft returns to the hardwood on Wednesday, January 17, against another nationally ranked team at the #17 Bears from Mott Community College (13-2, 0-1) come to town. Tip-off is slated for 7:30 PM.